Monday, January 02, 2006

The Original

I don't care what they think,
I live my life for me.
I do what I want,
and I say what I mean.

What they say and what they do,
I don't really care.
Do you?

Why should I,
they're superficial and over the top.
All they know is fashion,
they can't stop.

Image is nothing,
thats what I say.
Our bodies are for function,
they're not a display.

In this world,
it's all about looks.
It's diet pills,
and eating disorders,
and models in books.

What really matters,
is whats inside.
A personality,
is a hard thing to hide.

Good or bad,
it's who you are.
It's not the clothes,
or the shoes,
or the type of car.

You are you,
let your voice ring true.

Stand out,
don't be another sheep in the herd.

You know whats right for you.
I can't make you like me.
Even if I tried,
you couldn't possibly be.

-PJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home