Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I am Your Flag

I am the symbol of the living America, the badge of its greatness, the emblem of its destiny.

I am faith.
It is I who keep men mindful of their priceless heritage, life, liberty, and the right to pursue happiness.

I am hope.
I represent the land of promise wherein, already, man's loftiest dreams have approached closer to realization than ever before on this earth.

I am life.
Each strand and fiber of my being is a memorial, dedicated to the sacrifices of all those strong men and steadfast women who have lived and died in the nation's service, that it might live forever.

I am tolerance.
So long as I shall wave, all people under my protection may freely worship, think, write and speak, undaunted by the shadow of fear.

I am justice,
tempered with mercy. For I am friend to the oppressed and downtrodden of every land.

I am a sign of the future.
I wave over schools throughout the nation and in them the nation's future is molded.

I am the flag of the United States... the last... the best hope for peace on earth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home